To be self-employed: yes, but in what?
What are the most promising sectors and trades to settle?
Which business open with a small budget? What kind of business is the most profitable?
You have the will to create a company but no idea?
It may be interesting to look for inspiration in the most buoyant sectors and trades most requested: this is what this article proposes to you.
Of course, your idea of starting a business should be compatible with your knowledge and skills, but it is also possible to go through a training step.
To be self-employed, but in what? 10 growth sectors.
Handicrafts is a promising sector that offers many opportunities, including:
- The manufacture of handcrafted jewelry
- The “neo-craft” or the handmade marketed on platforms like Etsy or Alittlemarket,
- Or even decorative crafts
The following areas of commerce are expanding:
- eCcommerce (see our article: Creating an online store, but to sell what? 30 ideas)
- Concept stores
- Ephemeral shops
- Cycle shops
- Motorcycle trade
- Fruit and vegetable shops and organic groceries
- Local shops (see our article on ideas in local commerce)
catering, for example coffee shops, tea rooms or wine bars, beer and tapas,
Ethical and responsible articles and objects shops.
3) Service activities.
The service sector is still on the rise, especially with regard to:
Seniors Services (see our article on Creating an Elderly Service Business),
home help services (eg housekeeper),
secretarial services on demand,
activities related to well-being: aesthetics, massage, etc.,
courier-delivery service, or VTC.
4) Agro-food production.
Agri-food processing is a very well oriented sector, in particular:
- The manufacture of ranges of organic food products
- Vegan products (sector growing by 80% per year)
- The production of beer brands
- The production of energy drinks
- Or the production of tea or coffee ranges
5) The production of clothes made in France.
Part of the clothing demand is clearly moving towards made in World.
6) The liberal professions.
Some liberal professions are doing very well, this is particularly the case:
consulting activities (business consulting, marketing, communication, etc.),
marriage or family counseling,
medicines or soft therapies: naturopathy, sophrology, reflexology …
7) The social economy, responsible and united.
The social solidarity economy (ESS) is considered as a sector of the future, and in particular:
waste treatment and recycling,
the circular economy,
social and democratic innovation,
See our article 30 ideas of ecological, social and solidarity businesses.
8) The new professions of the web.
There are many opportunities to become self-employed in the new professions of the web:
9) Products and services around animals.
The owners of animals are more and more attentive to the well-being of their companions:
education and entertainment,
See our article: 20 business ideas to create related to animals.
10) Innovation and new technologies.
Finally, the sector of new technologies and innovation is one of the most promising of the French economy, and in particular:
consumer web applications,
innovative industrial solutions,
artificial intelligence and big data,
or renewable energies